Monday 2 June 2008

Greece - part II

   



So, back in grey London, still reminiscing of my time in Greece.

continuing last post...
Santorini is lovely. I went on a boat trip and met 2 American girls who were sweet (and gorgeous - the younger looked like that actress from Lost). They took the best shot of me of the whole trip, but it is on their camera and they haven't e-mailed it to me yet. I didn't get their contact details (d'oh!) so i have to wait and worried they lost my e-mail address...We went to the volcano, swan at the caldera (that is obviously warm, very salty and full of sulphur - you get a slightly orange tinge that comes off on your clothes); and we watched the sunset in Oia, which is the city with white constructions that you see in every postcard from Santorini. i was knackered in the end.
spent the next day on my own and got the ferry to Heraklion (Crete), which i didn't like. not a nice city, but it was just an easy location to get to Knossos Palace (which was the reason of going to Crete in the first place!).
Next day i went to Chania (Crete, 3 hours from Heraklion), which would be my base to explore the island and where i would stay until the day to come back. I went to deserted islands and beautiful beaches (Gramvousa Island, Balos Lagoon and Elafonissi beach). Gramvousa was the most beautiful place I've been in my life, BUT... there were only couples, families with small children and old people in Crete... So i spent 3 days completely on my own and desperate to talk!! It was beautiful but not fun. So i had the magical idea of changing my arrangements and going back to Athens a day before to enjoy my last night there. And so i did! and it was the best arrangement!
I didn't stay at the same hostel because they were fully-booked, but that didn't stop me from hanging out at the roof bar. My last night was spent drinking beer with Daniel and his friends, first at the terrace and then at an opening party. And moped rides - obviously!

I didn't want to come back... thought of moving to Athens and getting a silly job just so i could travel around the country. BUT fashion there is almost non-existent so don't think it would be a good career move...

If you want to see more pictures, click here.

2 comments:

Bila said...

Ai Aninha...que legal, tu se divertiu um monte!!! Fico feliz por você.

Quero ver as fotos depois...muitos beijos e saudades montro.

Luluzinha said...

Você pode trabalhar com a Sophia Kokosalaki ou com o Mario Schwab!
Beijo